Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lily the loom



Back in the end of July, I brought home a used loom found through craigslist. It's a 40 in. 8 harness Macomber with 2 back beams and room to add 4 more harnesses. That is, if I ever want to spend roughly $800 on another 4 harness kits, which is more than I spent on the entire loom since I bought it used!




It needed a little tlc after sitting unused in a basement for about 10 years, but nothing too extensive. Throughout the process of cleaning her up, I named her Lily. For some reason it seemed approoriate :)

I'm now working on my second warp with her. The first one was pretty small, just one narrow scarf in point twill, but plenty for a good test!



My second warp is much more substantial: 9 yards long, 18 inches wide, and hand dyed. More on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment